bogey & ruby

bogey & ruby

Monday, April 23, 2018

The Lone Ranger Rides Again


From over a year ago, right before my dad fell ill and the rest of us fell apart. I've made magic bars only once since.


  • Last night someone in our household was farting the Lone Ranger theme song. Either that or it was me humming the William Tell Overture to a galloping rhythm. 


  • Here's an oxymoron for you: rushing through a new book on meditation so that I can start meditating as soon as possible. Apparently meditation is the new sexy.


  • It's a good thing I did a quick meditation before discovering I had run out of chocolate chips in the middle of baking magic batrs. Rather than shout for Ian, who wasn't home anyway, I turned off the oven, replaced inside yoga pants (jammies) for outside yoga pants, backed over the garbage can lid in the driveway, stopped at Starbucks for a latte (since I was out anyway), remained calm as I counted the cart contents of all the other people in the 8 items or less line at the grocery store, and made it home in time to answer the phone. It was Ian asking if I needed anything from Costco. 



  • There's this gorgeous welcome mat at the local grocery store that reads "Bonjour" though it's not so much the message I like but rather its fresh, grass green colour. Ian, knowing me well, suggested I may do better off with a mat that says "Au Revoir".


No comments:

Post a Comment